Martha Stewart has treated me well this month. This recipe is easy as pie to make and quite tasty. Also very simple to make dairy-free.
Incidentally, everyone was right: a Dutch Baby is nothing more than an overgrown popover.
From Martha Stewart Living, January 2010
Yield: 12 small popovers made in a regular muffin tin, or 6 popovers made in a popover tin.
1 1/4 cups whole milk or soy milk
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 large eggs, lightly whisked
butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Whisk eggs. Whisk together milk, flour and salt. Batter will be lumpy. Whisk in eggs.
- Heat muffin tin or popover tin in oven for a few minutes. Brush butter or margarine in each cup generously.
- Fill each cup a little over halfway with batter. Bake 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake until golden brown, about 25 more minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve warm.
- If not serving immediately, poke a small hole in each popover to let steam escape. Reheat when you want to serve them.